- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rich Chocolate cake with Hazelnut. Recipe Video
|Chocolate||2 Cup (32 tbs) (At Least 70% Cocoa)|
|Butter||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into cubes|
|Self raising flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground hazelnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange liquor/Orange brandy / apple brandy||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 824 Calories from Fat 596
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g105.6%
Saturated Fat 38.4 g192.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 200.3 mg
Sodium 268.4 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.2%
Sugars 35.8 g
Protein 8 g16.1%
Vitamin A 30% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 17.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Melt the chocolate in bowl with a base of gently simmering water.
3. While the chocolate is melting, separate the egg yolk and egg white.
4. When most of the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl from the heat and stir it around to melt the last few pieces of chocolates.
5. Add butter to the melted chocolate. Add butter in small portions. Butter will melt and also help to cool down the chocolate sauce.
6. Add sugar to the egg yolk and whisk it until it is fluffy.
7. To this egg yolk mixture add the melted chocolate.
8. Mix it lightly with a spoon. Mix roughly.
9. Add the flour and grounded hazelnuts and mix together.
10. Add the orange liquor, mix and keep aside.
11. Using a clean blender, whisk the egg whites, add a pinch of salt prior to whisking.
12. Add a spoonful of whisked egg into the chocolate mixture and mix.
13. Add the rest of the whisked egg and mix in a folding movement with a metal spoon.
14. Take a 9" baking dish and line it with baking parchment paper and grease the sides.
15. Pour in the chocolate mixture and shake it is little to spread evenly.
16. Bake it in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 40-45 minutes.
17. With the finger press at the center of the cake to check if its done.
18. Let it cool for 5-10 minutes before turning it over.
19. Transfer the cake to a plate and pour some chocolate sauce over it. Spread it all around the cake and decorate with hazelnuts.
20. Let the cake set in a cooler place anywhere but not into the refrigerator. Slice and serve.