- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate And Cherry Cake Part 2 Recipe Video
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chocolate||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Brandy||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1932 Calories from Fat 1141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 131 g200.8%
Saturated Fat 78.5 g392.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 617.6 mg205.9%
Sodium 172.7 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 188 g62.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.7%
Sugars 169 g
Protein 19 g38.2%
Vitamin A 69.2% Vitamin C 61.1%
Calcium 18.5% Iron 27.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease 4 ramekins with butter and add parchment paper to the bottom.
2. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Set up a double boiler and add the chocolate and butter to melt.
4. Next, cool the chocolate mix in a waterbath.
5. In a saucepot, add 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk and mix.
6. Add the milk and sugar mix into the chocolate and mix.
7. In a bowl, add 6 eggs.
8. Add the chocolate mix into the bowl of eggs bit by bit and whisk.
9. Add the chocolate mix into the greased ramekins.
10. Pop the ramekins into the oven for 30 minutes.
11. For the Slurry: In a bowl, mix 1 cup of sugar, corn starch, water and orange juice and whisk together.
12. Heat a pan and pour the mix into it and bring to boil.
13. Add the cherries and orange zest and stir.
14. Add the brandy and work it into the sauce for 3-4 minutes.
15. Remove the ramekins, let them cool and demold the chocolate cake.
16. Add a scoop of gelato on top of the chocolate cake.
17. Add the orange and cherry sauce on top.
18. Garnish with a cherry and serve as dessert.
This video is in 2 parts. This is Part 2. Watch Part 1 along with Part 2 for the full recipe.