- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate After Eight Mint Marquise Recipe Video
|Double cream||450 Milliliter|
|After eights chocolate||200 Gram, slice the sides of bar|
|Sugar||150 Gram, divided|
|Unsalted butter||150 Gram|
|Chocolate||300 Gram, broken (good quality)|
|Cocoa powder||6 Tablespoon|
|Mint essence/Orange essence||1 Dash|
Calories 648 Calories from Fat 443
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.7%
Saturated Fat 16 g80.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143.3 mg
Sodium 11.2 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.9%
Sugars 44.6 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.6% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, cream together half of sugar and butter.
2. Add in the cocoa powder and whisk with a spatula. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, add in the remaining sugar and egg yolk. Blend well until both are combined for 5 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, pour in the double cream and whisk until forms a peak.
5. In a bowl, place the chocolate and microwave for 2 minutes, stirring at every 30 seconds.
6. Pour the mixture into the cocoa powder mixture. Thoroughly combine the mixture.
7. Pour in the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture in 2 batches and fold gently.
8. Add in the mint essence and fold again all the ingredients.
9. Add in the cream mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir well with a wooden spoon.
10. Line a loaf pan with saran wrap and pour in the small amount of chocolate mixture and spread well. Top with a layer of after eights chocolate, followed by chocolate mixture. Repeat the process until pan is filled, end with chocolate mixture.
11. Refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight.
12. Slice the mint marquise and serve for dessert.