- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Choco Nut Bars Recipe
|Dark raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crunchy nutlike cereal nuggets||3 Ounce (Ready To Eat)|
|Peanuts||1⁄2 Ounce, roasted|
|Unsalted shelled roasted peanuts||1⁄2 Ounce, chopped|
|Mini marshmallows||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Coconut||2 Teaspoon, shredded|
|Chunky peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||2 Ounce|
|Semisweet mini chocolate chips||2 Ounce|
Calories 210 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.9%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.8 mg
Sodium 145 mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 6 g13%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.5%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, soak the raisins in warm water until swollen, drain and discard the liquid.
2) Line a 9 1/4 x 5 1/4 x 3-inch loaf pan with wax paper, allow the paper ends to extend over sides of the pan, keep aside.
3) In a small bowl, mix the raisins and rest of the ingredients together except the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
4) In a small non-stick saucepan, melt the peanut butter over a low heat, stirring continuously, stir in the cereal mixture, coat thoroughly.
5) In the lined loaf pan, press the mixture evenly.
6) In a small non-stick saucepan, melt the chocolate chips over a low heat, stirring continuously, until smooth.
7) Spread the melted chocolate over the pressed peanut butter mixture, cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate or freeze until the mixture is firm.
8) Gently lift out the firm mixture, remove and discard the wax paper.
9) Slice into 8 equal bars, serve immediately or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.