- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Molten Lava Cake Recipe Video
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 stick (use 1 teaspoon butter to grease the ramekins))|
|Semi sweet chocolate||4 Ounce|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 440 Calories from Fat 301
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g53%
Saturated Fat 20.5 g102.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 192.6 mg64.2%
Sodium 114 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g7%
Sugars 28.2 g
Protein 6 g11.2%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.3% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grease the ramekins with butter. Set aside.
3. In a double boiler melt butter and chocolate to smooth while continuously stirring. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. In a bowl break an egg, whisk it using a fork. Set aside.
5. In a mixer, break 2 eggs and add ½ of the egg from the bowl. Put salt, sugar and beat it till doubled in volume and turns light yellow.
6. Slowly add the egg mixture into the warm chocolate and mix continuously making sure eggs does not scramble in heat (use circular + flat motion).
7. Put the flour and mix well till incorporated.
8. Pour the batter into the greased ramekins to fill 3/4th.
9. Place on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
10. In a serving plate, serve the chocolate lava cake with fruits or ice cream or whipped cream.