- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocafe Cake Filling Recipe
|Chocolate chips||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Instant coffee powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweetened rhubarb sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained|
|Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Soft)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, beaten until fluffy (1 Package)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1858 Calories from Fat 1137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 129 g198.6%
Saturated Fat 41.7 g208.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 648.8 mg
Sodium 673.4 mg28.1%
Total Carbohydrates 162 g53.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 100.3 g
Protein 23 g45.2%
Vitamin A 87.5% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 26% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In the top of double boiler, cook the chocolate chips, coffee powder, sugar, rhubarb sauce and egg yolks over boiling water, stirring continuously, until smooth.
2) Remove from the heat, then gradually beat in the egg yolks.
3) Return to the double boiler and cook over boiling water, stirring continuously, until thick.
4) Beat in the margarine, remove from the heat and beat until thick and smooth.
5) Stir in the cream cheese and mix thoroughly.
6) Use the frosting to spread between 2 layers of cake.