- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chix'en Noodle Soup Recipe Video
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Baby carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Diced onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|No chicken broth||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Tofu shirataki||8 Ounce|
|Textured vegetable protein||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 242 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.21%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 830.6 mg34.6%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 12.9 g51.6%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 17 g34.9%
Vitamin A 102% Vitamin C 19.3%
Calcium 23.8% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Ever tried a faux chicken soup? If you are a vegetarian or have turned vegetarian, you don’t have to miss out on the comfort of a warm and soothing chicken noodle soup. Go ahead and try this recipe.
Directions for preparation:
• Place a sauce pan on the stove and set the heat to medium low and add the no-chicken broth.
• Add the celery and carrots.
• Add some pepper and salt and stir it a little. Cook it till it simmers.
• Rinse the tofu shirataki and heat it in the microwave for 1 minute.
• Add the tofu shirataki to the simmering broth along with the peas and onions.
• Stir it well and let it cook without the lid for 5 minutes.
• Add in the textured vegetable protein.
• Stir it in a little, let simmer for 5 minutes and take it off the heat.
• Serve hot