- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chitarrine With Pancetta And Brussel Sprouts Recipe Video
|Whole wheat pasta||1⁄2 Pound (Organic variety, can substitute spaghetti or linguine)|
|Brussel sprout package||2 , washed (dried and leaves removed)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), thinly sliced|
|Sweet onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Dried porcini mushroom||1 Ounce, reconstituted (save the liquid)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Hot pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
|Parmigiano reggiano||To Taste|
Calories 713 Calories from Fat 311
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4 mg
Sodium 347.2 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55.2%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 20 g40.8%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 34.6%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Begin by having salted boiling water and cook the pasta al dente.
2) In a saute pan place the olive oil and heat.
3) To the saute pan now add the onion and saute until nicely browned.
4) Now throw in the garlic and cook just until translucent.
5) Add the pancetta and cook until nicely browned, stirring frequently, add more olive oil if required.
6) Add the brussel sprout leaves and cook until wilted.
7) On a cutting board roughly chop the porcini mushrooms and add them to the pan. Add about 2 Tbls of the reserved soaking liquid from the mushrooms.
8) Season with salt and pepper and the hot pepper flakes.
9) Now add your pasta to the saute pan with some of the liquid clinging to the strands of pasta.
10) Mix thoroughly and add cheese to taste.
11) Serve hot and enjoy!