- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chipotle Chicken Mac & Cheese Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|2 percent milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Extra sharp cheddar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|American cheese||2 Ounce|
|Chipotle peppers||3 , finely diced|
|Adobo sauce,||1 Tablespoon|
|Gluten free elbow pasta||12 Ounce|
|Chicken breast||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 909 Calories from Fat 311
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.4%
Saturated Fat 17.9 g89.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 167.8 mg
Sodium 785.4 mg32.7%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.4%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 54 g108.2%
Vitamin A 30.2% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 58.6% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan boil water, sprinkle salt and cook elbow macaroni according to package instructions.
2. Drain the pasta, toss with a little olive oil to keep them from sticking together.
3. Mix cornstarch with cold water to make cornstarch slurry.
4. In a large shallow pan, over a medium heat, add the milk, butter, salt and pepper and bring it up to a boil.
5. Pour cornstarch slurry, simmers for 1 minute.
6. Add in the American and cheddar cheeses and stir until melted.
7. Add the diced chipotles, adobo sauce and elbow macaroni then stir to combine.
8. Add the chicken and continue stirring until the chicken is heated through.
9. Sprinkle cayenne pepper over chipotle chicken mac and serve.
For a milder dish deseed the chipotle peppers prior to dicing them and omit the extra adobo sauce from the recipe. If you want to make this as a baked mac and cheese dinner, when the dish is finished, pour the contents of the pan into a greased casserole dish, sprinkle on more cheese or some buttered gluten free bread crumbs and broil it for 5 minutes or so until the top is crunchy.