- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Stir Fry Chicken with Eggplant Recipe Video
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||1⁄2 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Eggplant||1 Medium, slice|
|Chinese mushrooms||5 , soaked (sliced)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|For the sauce|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Hoisin sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (if the sauce becomes too thick) (Optional)|
Calories 403 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.1%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.1 mg
Sodium 992.4 mg41.3%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 31 g61.4%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 10.4%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedWok
1. Soak the Chinese mushrooms in water for 30 minutes and the slice them, set aside.
2. Thinly slice the chicken breast, set aside.
3. Mince the garlic, slice the eggplants diagonally, and set aside.
4. In a bowl combine the oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil and soy sauce.
5. In the wok pour 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and sauté the garlic over medium high heat until brown.
6. Add chicken and stir fry until it’s done, add soy sauce if needed more flavoring once done set it aside.
7. In another wok pour cooking oil and sauté the eggplant and mushrooms for few minutes, add the chicken and the prepared sauce, mix everything well.
8. Serve the stir fry chicken with eggplant hot.