- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Steamed Bun Recipe Video
|Eggs||6 , boiled and shelled|
|Chinese mushrooms||5 , minced|
|Chinese sausages||2 , sliced thinly|
|Raw shrimps||8 , thinly sliced|
|Green onions||3 , thinly sliced|
|Chinese cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Ground pork/Turkey||1⁄2 Pound|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chinese bun flour||16 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Cold milk/Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 494 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.2%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 227.2 mg
Sodium 276.5 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 15.5 g
Protein 25 g49.9%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 12%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, put all the ingredients for the filling and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined and set aside.
2. Cut the egg in 4 parts and set aside.
3. In another bowl, put the entire packet of bun flour, and reserve 1 tablespoon.
4. Add sugar and milk, stir with spoon until well mixed and knead the dough for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Cover the dough with paper towel and let it rest for 30 minutes.
6. Divide the dough in 18 to 20 parts, using the reserved flour to dust the surface and rolling pin, roll each dough part in 3 to 4 inches diameter rounds.
7. Put little filling in the center, wet the edges on the dough sheet, bring the edges together and seal.
8. In a steamer, bring water to a boil with vinegar.
9. Place the bun in a muffin liner, arrange them on a steamer rack, cover and steam for about 15 minutes.
10. Serve hot as desired.