- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Spareribs Recipe Video
|Pork spare ribs||1 1⁄2 Pound, slice|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Dark soya sauce||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|For the sauce|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 648 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.2%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 137.3 mg
Sodium 1824.5 mg76%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.03 g0.12%
Sugars 34.3 g
Protein 47 g94.9%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedMedium pot
1. Slice the pork spareribs, set aside.
2. In a bowl combine sugar, vinegar, light soy sauce, chicken stock and cornstarch, stir until everything is dissolved.
3. In a medium size pot pour water and put the pork ribs, bring it to a boil on high heat, boil for 2 minutes and then reduce heat and simmer for further 15 minutes.
4. Skim the fat from the surface, turn off the heat and drain the water.
5. In the wok combine the pork ribs with the sauce and over high heat cook the pork ribs until the sauce thickens about 4-5 minutes.
6. Add dark soy sauce if you need dark color.
7. Serve the spare ribs along with steamed rice.