- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spare Ribs with Black Beans Recipe Video
|Spare ribs pork||2 Pound, chop (chop into bite size pieces)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Ginger||2 Tablespoon, mince|
|Ballard green/Green bell pepper||50 Gram, slice (1 medium green bell pepper)|
|Onion||1 Medium, dice|
|Cooking oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the liquid cornstarch|
|For the sauce|
|Black bean||2 Tablespoon (fermented)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sherry wine||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 699 Calories from Fat 386
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.3%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.3%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 168.1 mg
Sodium 1143.9 mg47.7%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 48 g96%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C 11.5%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedWok
1. Chop the spare ribs into bite size pieces, set aside.
2. Mince the ginger and garlic, slice the ballard greens and dice the onions, set aside.
3. In a bowl combine black bean, soy sauce, stock, sugar and sherry wine, stir and mix well until the sugar is dissolved.
4. In a bowl mix the cornstarch with water and keep aside.
5. Preheat the wok on high and pour the oil, stir fry the spare ribs for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Drain the excess oil since it contains a lot of fat.
7. Add the garlic, ginger, greens and onions, stir fry for 1 minute.
8. Pour the sauce and stir everything well, cook for 10-12 minutes on medium heat, covered.
9. Stir and mix everything every 3-4 minutes, after 12 minutes of cooking increase the heat to high and add the cornstarch, keep stirring and cooking until the sauce thickens.
10. Once done turn off the heat.
11. Serve the spare ribs with black beans with steamed rice.