- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Chicken Satay Recipe Video
|Boneless chicken||1 Pound, chop (into bite size peices)|
|For the marinade|
|Light soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chinese five spice powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, grated|
Calories 160 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.4%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90.2 mg
Sodium 1257.4 mg52.4%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 19 g38.9%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need8 Wooden skewers
1. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces, set aside.
2. In a large bowl marinate the chicken with light soy sauce, sugar, Chinese five spice and grate the ginger and garlic in the bowl itself.
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate the chicken for 4-6 hours or overnight.
4. Soak the wooden skewers in a container filled with water for 15-20 minutes.
5. Once the chicken is ready, skewer the chicken pieces in the wooden skewer, continue until all the chicken is over.
6. Prepare the grill before you start to prepare the satay.
7. Place the chicken skewer on the grill and grill the chicken for 5-8 minutes or until they are cooked.
8. Serve the Chinese chicken satay with satay sauce on the side.