- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Hoisin Chicken Baked Recipe Video
|Chicken||3 Pound (around half a chicken)|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Hoisin sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Star anise powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder/Garlic||2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the garnish|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Green onions||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 742 Calories from Fat 348
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.4%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 228.2 mg
Sodium 992 mg41.3%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.64 g2.6%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 72 g143.5%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 22.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedMixing bolw
Foil baking pan
1. Marinate the chicken with light soy sauce, hoisin sauce, star anise powder, sugar and garlic powder, marinate the chicken well and let it marinate for 4-6.
2. Preheat the oven at 375 degree.
3. Place the chicken in the baking dish and pour the excess marinade on top.
4. Bake the chicken in a preheated oven for 1 hour in the middle rack.
5. After 1 hour, increase the temperature to 400-450 degree and bake the chicken for additional 15 minutes brush the saucy over the chicken.
6. Remove the chicken and let it rest for 10 minutes and slice the chicken.
7. Serve the baked chicken with steamed rice, sprinkle soy sauce and garnish with green onions and serve hot.