- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Vegetable And Omelette Salad Recipe
|Young green cabbage head||1 Pound|
|Young cabbage||1 Pound|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bean sprouts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Scallions||4 , halved lengthwise|
|Canned water chestnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), drained and chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 , sliced|
|Canned water chestnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), drained|
|Yellow bell pepper||1 , sliced|
|Salted cashew nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), salted|
|Salted cashew nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chinese 5 spice powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 453 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.7%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.8 mg
Sodium 1153.5 mg48.1%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.4%
Sugars 13.5 g
Protein 15 g29.2%
Vitamin A 31.3% Vitamin C 320.6%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 21.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove and discard the outer wilted leaves of the cabbage head.
2. Use a sharp cleaver knife or a food chopper to finely shred the young cabbage, discarding the core.
3. In a small bowl or screw top jar, combine and blend the dressing ingredients and keep aside.
4. In a large wok or a deep frying pan, heat oil over a high flame.
5. When hot, add the cabbage and fry for 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Use a slotted spoon to remove the cabbage onto paper towels and let excess oil drain.
7. Sprinkle salt and cinnamon over the cabbage and lightly toss, then tip into a large serving bowl.
8. Add bean sprouts, scallions, water chestnuts, peppers, and cashew nuts to the bowl and toss gently to mix.
9. To make the omelet, in a bowl, break in eggs and add Chinese 5-spice powder.
10. Beat the eggs until well blended.
11. In a 6-inch flat frying pan heat the oil.
12. Pour in egg mixture and tilt pan to form even layer.
13. Cook for 2 minutes until top is set and bottom is golden.
14. Flip over carefully and brown other side.
15. Remove onto a plate and cut into strips.
16. Scatter the omelet strips over the salad.
17. Pour the prepared dressing over the salad and toss lightly to mix well.
18. Serve immediately.