- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Tea Cookies Recipe
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Snipped crystallized ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped sun dried dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 394 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg
Sodium 39.6 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.9%
Sugars 61 g
Protein 1 g2.4%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 4% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Grease a cookie sheet with baking spray or oil.
3) Use a large, clean and grease free glass bowl.
4) Cream the butter, oil and sugar very well until well aerated and creamy in texture.
5) Dissolve the soda in the orange juice and stir into the creamed mixture.
6) Gradually add the flour constantly stirring to blend the ingredients.
7) Coat the dates with a little flour before adding to the batter.
8) Drop leveled tablespoons of the batter on the greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart from each other.
9) Garnish each cookie with a few candied ginger pieces.
10) Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
11) Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool slightly before serving with tea.
12) Store the cookies in an air tight jar.