- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Style Poached Fish Fillets Recipe
|Scallions||2 , split lengthwise|
|Ginger slices||1 , quartered|
|Minced ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Flounder fillets/Sole fillets||8 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), lightly crushed and peeled|
|Cornstarch||4 Teaspoon, blended with 2 tablespoon water|
|Dark sesame oil||1 Tablespoon (Oriental Variety)|
Calories 1470 Calories from Fat 676
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115.6%
Saturated Fat 27.1 g135.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 512 mg
Sodium 3318.1 mg138.3%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 0.47 g1.9%
Sugars 37.5 g
Protein 116 g232.8%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 20.6% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the chicken broth, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and remaining 1 tablespoon sherry.
3. Add the fish to the boiling water, cover, and remove from the heat. The fish should be done in 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, depending on their thickness. Gently lift the fillets out, one at a time, with a wide slotted spatula. Drain well and arrange on a serving platter; cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
4. In a small saucepan, warm the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and minced ginger, and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Discard the garlic. Add the sherry-soy sauce mixture and bring to a boil over high heat.
5. Stir the cornstarch mixture thoroughly and slowly add it to the sauce, stirring constantly to prevent lumping. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and stir in the sesame oil.
6. Pour the sauce over the fish and serve hot.