- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
|Seasoned stock base/Beef flavored base||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooked pork||1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green onions||1 Tablespoon, shredded|
|Cayenne pepper/Red pepper||1 Dash|
|Water chestnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Sesame seed||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1159 Calories from Fat 750
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129.9%
Saturated Fat 33.5 g167.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 235.1 mg78.4%
Sodium 8668.9 mg361.2%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.9%
Sugars 14.1 g
Protein 69 g138.5%
Vitamin A 37.2% Vitamin C 28.3%
Calcium 34.1% Iron 42.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Pick uniform-size mushrooms that are about 1 ¼-inches in diameter.
3) Rinse the mushrooms and remove stems.
4) Combine together 1 tablespoon of butter, water and seasoned stock base or beef flavored base in a saucepan.
5) Heat the mixture to boiling point.
6) Add the mushrooms to the mixture, cover and gently simmer for about 3 minutes
7) Take the preparation off the heat and carefully lift out the mushroom caps. Reserve the liquid.
8) Combine together all the remaining ingredients, except for the sesame seed. Mix thoroughly. In case the mixture seems to be too dry, add 2 to 4 tablespoons of broth or water.
9) With the mixture, stuff the mushroom caps and dip the tops in sesame seed. Up to this point, the preparation may be done in advance. To store, cover the stuffed mushroom caps and place in the fridge till it is time to bake and serve.
10) In a shallow baking pan, place the stuffed mushroom caps. Add the liquid in which the mushrooms were cooked.
11) Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, till the sesame seeds are light brown in color.
12) Serve the Chinese Stuffed Mushrooms while still hot. These make an excellent appetizer.