- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Steamed Egg Custard Recipe Video
|Eggs||2 Medium (100 grams)|
|Water||200 Milliliter, luke warm|
|Chicken stock powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Green onion||1 Tablespoon, chopped (only green portion of sprig)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 183 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 372.2 mg
Sodium 3279.2 mg136.6%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.53 g2.1%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 11 g22.7%
Vitamin A 20.6% Vitamin C 11.4%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Beat the eggs until yolk and white are well blended.
2. Combine warm water, chicken powder, salt, sugar and stir well.
3. Whisk in the liquid into the eggs.
4. Strain the egg mixture to remove any coagulated bits.
5. Stir sesame oil into the egg mixture.
6. Pour the egg mixture into a greased bowl placed in a pan of boiling water or in a steamer. Cover and steam the custard until cooked and set.
7. Serve immediately garnished with green onion.