- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Soup Recipe
|Corn oil||2 Teaspoon (cold- pressed)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced (Dark green)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Water chestnuts||4 , diced|
|Bean sprouts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced, cooked|
|Chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
Calories 51 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.4 g2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg
Sodium 677.3 mg28.2%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.53 g2.1%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 3 g5.8%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 2.9%
Calcium 1% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan heat oil. Add celery and mushrooms and cook 2 minutes.
2) Mix water chestnuts, bean sprouts, chicken and broth.
3) Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
4) Gently add egg gradually and stir continuously to prevent lumps from forming.
5) There will be ribbons of egg in the soup.
6) Serve immediately.