- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mom's Fried Rice Recipe Video
|Sunflower oil||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Chinese sausages||4 (lap-xuong)|
|Sweet onion||1 Medium, dice|
|Carrots||2 Small, dice|
|Frozen green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), Defrosted|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minc|
|Fresh ginger slices||4 Small|
|Cooking sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked rice/Sushi rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||6 Medium, beaten|
|For the sauce|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Sunflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1613 Calories from Fat 893
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g154.1%
Saturated Fat 23.5 g117.3%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 653.3 mg217.8%
Sodium 3147.5 mg131.1%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.6%
Sugars 46.6 g
Protein 50 g100.5%
Vitamin A 188.8% Vitamin C 47.9%
Calcium 19% Iron 57.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedSkillet
Small frying pan
1. Finely dice the Chinese sausage, set aside.
2. Finely dice sweet onions, carrots, mince the garlic, slice the ginger, and set everything aside.
3. In a bowl combine soy sauce, sugar, brown sugar, mirin, water, honey, garlic powder, onion powder, ground black pepper and finally sunflower oil, mix everything wee and set aside.
4. In a large pan, heat the 2 tablespoon of sunflower oil on medium to high heat until ripples begin to form.
5. Add the Chinese sausage and cook for 5-7 minutes until the sausage darkens a couple shades.
6. Stir in onions and cook for about 10 minutes until they begin to caramelize.
7. Add the carrots and green peas and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
8. Stir in garlic and ginger and cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
9. Stir in 1/2 cup of the sauce and cook for 3 minutes to reduce slightly.
10. Fold in the rice and toss with vegetables and sauce so that every rice grain has been thoroughly coated with the sauce.
11. Cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until any remaining sauce has evaporated.
12. In the meantime, heat up 1 – 2 tablespoons of oil in a small non-stick pan over low-medium heat.
13. When the oil forms small ripples, add the eggs and scramble them by stirring constantly until they are almost cooked. Take the eggs off the heat
14. Serve the rice in bowls, topped with the eggs.