- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Pepper Steak Recipe
|Beef boneless steak||1 1⁄2 Pound (For The Top)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hoisin sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato||1 , peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Red bell pepper/Green bell pepper||2 , cut into strips|
|Fresh bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions||4 , finely chopped|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 246 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.9 mg
Sodium 1417.6 mg59.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g7%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 25 g50%
Vitamin A 36.9% Vitamin C 103.9%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut off and discard all the fat from the steak and slice into thin strips.
2) In a slow cooker, add the steak, garlic, salt, pepper, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sugar ; cook covered on LOW for about 4 hrs.
3) Stir in the tomato and bell peppers ; dissolve the cornstarch in water and stir into the cooker; cook covered on HIGH for about 15-20 min or until thick.
4) Stir in the bean sprouts and scatter over the onions.
5) Serve immediately with the rice on a nice dish.