- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Pea Pod and Shrimp Salad Recipe
|Cauliflower head||1 Small, separated into bite size flowerets to make about 3 cups|
|Pea pods||1⁄2 Pound (Snow Peas)|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, shelled and cooked (About 3 Cups)|
|Sesame seed sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Oriental)|
Calories 106 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.3%
Saturated Fat 0.59 g2.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.9 mg
Sodium 144.5 mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 12 g23.7%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 68.7%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Over rapidly boiling water, steam the cauliflower for about 3 minutes.
2) To this, add the pea pods. Cook for 2 minutes.
3) Remove from the heat.
4) Quickly place under cold running water.
5) Drain the mixture thoroughly.
6) To a large mixing bowl, transfer the mixture.
7) Cover the dish and chill thoroughly.
8) To the chilled mixture, add the shrimp and sesame seed sauce. Toss thoroughly.
9) This is a perfect dish for a quick lunch.