- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Chinese Pancakes Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Boiling water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 998 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.2%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 14 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 191 g63.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 26 g51.6%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 4.3% Iron 64.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Knead on a floured work surface until dough is soft and smooth, about 5 minutes. Form dough into ball, cover with an inverted bowl, and let stand for 30 to 60 minutes.
3. With your hands, roll dough into a cylinder, then cut it into 16 equal pieces. Again, using the lightly floured work surface, flatten ball of dough with a rolling pin into 3-inch (7.5-cm) rounds.
4. Brush half the rounds with sesame oil, making sure to coat the edges. Place unbrushed rounds on oiled ones and use rolling pin to flatten them into eight thin pancakes, about 8 inches (20 cm) in diameter.
5. Heat a heavy, ungreased, small skillet. Cook pancakes, one at a time, over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes until small bubbles appear on surface. Turn and cook on other side until a few golden spots appear.
6. Remove from skillet and gently pull apart into two pancakes. Pile pancakes on a place and cover with plastic wrap so they won't dry out.
7. To reheat, wrap in foil, and heat in a 350°F (190°C) for 10 minutes. Or steam, unwrapped in steamer for 5 minutes. Or place in microwave covered with plastic wrap or waxed paper at medium for 3 to 4 minutes, or until warm.