- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Noodle Soup and Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Easy Entertaining Recipe Video
|For the chicken lettuce wraps|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken breasts||1 Pound, sliced into thin strips (One package with tenders or regular breast meat)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic clove||1 Medium, minced|
|Green onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Cornstarch||2 Tablespoon (For the slurry)|
|Iceberg lettuce leaves||15 Medium (As required to serve the chicken)|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon (1 - 2 tbsp as required to garnish)|
|For the chinese noodle soup|
|Hot chili oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen potstickers||2 Pound (One packet used)|
|Chicken broth||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 handsfuls)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (4 handfuls of baby portobella mushrooms)|
|Baby bok choy||2 Small, sliced|
|Green onions||3 Medium, sliced|
Calories 968 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.9%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg
Sodium 3597.4 mg149.9%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.2%
Dietary Fiber 19.9 g79.7%
Sugars 50.2 g
Protein 62 g123.7%
Vitamin A 484.2% Vitamin C 372.9%
Calcium 71.8% Iron 56%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat oil in large frying pan on medium-high heat. Add chicken strips and brown them.
2. Meanwhile, in a large measuring cup, mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, Ketchup, dry sherry, crushed red pepper, minced garlic and green onion.
3. Flip the chicken strips and pour the prepared sauce over the chicken strips. Put the lid on to cover and let it simmer on low heat for anywhere between 20 minutes to 45 minutes.
4. Mix cornstarch and water into a slurry. Add to chicken and simmer for about 5 minutes, until sauce begins to thicken.
5. Place lettuce leaves on a platter (tearing them into easy-to-handle size).
6. When ready to serve, place 1 or 2 pieces of chicken on each lettuce cup. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
7. Serve immediately.
To Prepare the Chicken Noodle Soup:
1. In a large frying pan, heat chili oil and sesame oil on medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add frozen potstickers, ﬂat side down. Brown for about 1 minute.
2. Add 3 tbsp water, cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
3. While potstickers are steaming, take a stockpot and add the chicken broth into it and heat over high heat.
4. Add white pepper, 2 handfuls grated carrot, 4 handfuls sliced mushrooms, baby bok choy and green onions. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and cook for about 5 minutes.
5. When potstickers are done steaming, put them into the soup broth stock pot, turn the heat down to low and let the soup sit until ready to serve.
6. Serve hot as part of the menu for a dinner with the chicken lettuce wraps along with Mango Sorbet and Almond Tea Cookies for dessert.