- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mapo Tofu Recipe Video
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Ginger||1 Small, 1-inch piece of a ginger minced|
|Pork||1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Green onions||4 Medium, chopped|
|Chili garlic paste||To Taste|
|Soft tofu chunks||500 Gram, drained|
|Corn starch||2 Teaspoon (Dissolved in a little water)|
|For the sauce|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oyster sauce||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 239 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.4 mg
Sodium 382.6 mg15.9%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 19 g38.4%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 12%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a skillet and heat it up with a little cooking oil, then add the garlic and ginger. Saute till it gets fragrant, then add the ground pork. Let it cook until brown.
2. In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside covered.
3. When the pork is almost ready, add in the green onions (save some of it for the finishing touch) and cook for a minute or two.
4. Once the meat mixture is ready, pour in the bowl of sauce and stir it into the meat mixture and then add the chili garlic paste as much as you need.
5. When the sauce is hot, add the tofu.Gently stir the tofu into the mix since the tofu is very delicate.
6. Lastly add in the corn starch to thicken the sauce. Stir again gently to thicken.
7. Serve garnished with green onions on fresh bowls of steamed rice.
As a variation to this dish you can also add eggplant.
For a vegetarian alternative, use the tofu ‘ground’ and you can use vegetable broth as well.