- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Dumplings - Jiaozi Recipe Video
|For the filling|
|Pork||1 Pound, ground|
|Cabbage||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Chives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Ginger||1 Medium, juiced (Thumb sized ginger used)|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Shaoxing wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|For the wrappers|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For the dipping sauce|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chinese red vinegar||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chili oil||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1773 Calories from Fat 327
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.6%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 299.3 mg99.8%
Sodium 2362.6 mg98.4%
Total Carbohydrates 216 g72.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43.4%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 131 g261.9%
Vitamin A 19.2% Vitamin C 50.2%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 102.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large mixing bowl and add the pork, garlic powder, soy sauce, shaoxing cooking wine, sesame oil, the chives, cabbage and the ginger juice. Mix well until thoroughly blended. Refrigerate for 20 minutes while you prepare the wrappers.
2. Take a bowl and mix in flour and water and blend until you get a rough ball of dough. Knead for at least 10 minutes and set it aside to rest for another 10 - 15 minutes.
3. Roll the dough into a long 1-inch thick snake and cut into 1 cm thick sections. Roll flat into 3-inch diameter rounds.
4. Start with a spoonful of the filling placed in the center of the wrapper. Moisten the edge with water, fold over and seal the edges.
5. Take a pan with boiling water. Pop in the sealed wrappers and cook them until they float.
6. To make the dipping sauce, take a bowl and combine soy sauce, Chinese red vinegar and chili oil.
7. Serve warm with the dipping sauce.