- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Fried Thin Pancake Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||70 Gram, sieve (For Batter)|
|Tapioca flour||20 Gram, sieve (For Batter)|
|Water||160 Milliliter (For Batter)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (For Batter)|
|Egg||1 Large (For Batter)|
|Sweet corn||2 Tablespoon (For Filling)|
|Carrot||2 Tablespoon, diced (For Filling)|
|Coriander leaves||1 Teaspoon, chopped (For Filling)|
|Spring onion||1 Large, cut into slices (For Filling)|
|Pickled turnip||2 Tablespoon, chopped (For Filling)|
|Dried shrimps||40 Gram (For Filling)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (For Seasoning)|
|Chicken stock powder||1 Teaspoon (For Seasoning)|
|Ground pepper||1 Pinch (For Seasoning)|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon (For Frying)|
Calories 304 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.5 mg
Sodium 1186.5 mg49.4%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 39.3% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the batter, in a bowl, combine the flours and salt. Gradually add water, while whisking or stirring to get a smooth batter.
2. Add the oil to the batter and then blend in the egg, whisking lightly until incorporated.
3. Add seasonings and whisk. Set the batter aside while you prepare the filling ingredients.
4. Add the corn, carrot, turnip, coriander, and spring onion to the batter and mix.
5. Heat a non-stick frying pan and grease it with a little oil.
6. Pour 1/3 of the batter into the pan and swirl until batter spread evenly into a thin pancake.
7. Scatter 1/3 of the shrimps on top. Cook the pancake for 2-3 minutes or until golden and crispy on the bottom. Then lift slightly with a spatula and grease pan again with a little oil.
8. Flip the pancake and fry on the other side until crispy.
9. Make 2 more pancakes in the same way.
10. Cut into wedges and serve.