- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Flank Steak Recipe
|Flank steak||1 1⁄2 Pound (1 no.)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Liquid red pepper seasoning||1 Dash|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , seeded and cut in strips|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced (small clove)|
|Canned mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (1 can)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef broth/Consomme||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1762 Calories from Fat 768
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.4%
Saturated Fat 21.4 g106.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 180 mg
Sodium 3947.5 mg164.5%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 147 g294.6%
Vitamin A 5.9% Vitamin C 130.3%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 46.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Thinly slice the steak diagonally and place in a bowl.
2) Sprinkle with soy and Worcestershire sauces and red pepper seasoning and toss well.
3) In a pan, heat oil till hot and add in the seasoned meat.
4) Cook quickly, stirring constantly, till the meat loses its pink color.
5) Remove from the frying pan with a slotted spoon.
6) Stir in the onion, green pepper and garlic into the pan drippings and saute till soft.
7) Stir in the mushrooms and liquid.
8) In a bowl, blend in the cornstarch into the beef broth till smooth.
9) Stir into the vegetables and cook, stirring constantly, till the sauce thickens and boils for 3 minutes.
10) Add the meat back into the pan and heat slowly till just hot.
11) Place the steak on a serving platter and top with the vegetables.