- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Five Spice Chicken Recipe Video
|Granulated garlic||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Large, dice|
|For the 3 spice blend:|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 671 Calories from Fat 363
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.4%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152 mg
Sodium 3660.3 mg152.5%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 12.7 g
Protein 51 g101.6%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 20%
Calcium 9% Iron 19.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. For the 3 spice blend: In a small bowl, mix together black pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. For the marinade: In a small bowl, add soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, salt, 1/3rd of the 3 spice mix, brown sugar and mix together.
4. Add the chicken into a ziplock bag.
5. Pour the marinade into the ziplock bag and mix the chicken and marinade.
6. Add onions into the bag.
7. Squeeze out air from the bag and leave aside for at least 2 hours to an entire day in the refrigerator.
8. Remove from refrigerator and place the chicken on a baking tray.
9. Sprinkle the rest of the 3 spice blend on the chicken.
10. Pop into the oven and bake for an hour.
11. Serve as main dish along with flavoured rice and vegetables.