- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Dim Sum Steamed Turnip Cake (Lo Bak Gou) Recipe Video
|Turnip||35 Ounce, peeled and shredded|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Rice flour||200 Gram (Batter)|
|Cornstarch||25 Gram (Batter)|
|Water||250 Milliliter (Batter)|
|Shrimp||50 Gram, washed and cut into small pieces (Filling)|
|Chinese sausages||4 Large, diced (Filling)|
|Chinese mushrooms||18 Medium, chopped (Filling)|
|Scallops||5 Small, washed, chopped, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, torn (Filling)|
|Spring onions||2 Large, chopped (Filling)|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (Seasoning)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (Seasoning)|
|Chicken essence||2 Teaspoon (Seasoning)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (Seasoning)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2335 Calories from Fat 689
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g118.1%
Saturated Fat 24.6 g122.8%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 307.3 mg102.4%
Sodium 8170.6 mg340.4%
Total Carbohydrates 314 g104.5%
Dietary Fiber 31.6 g126.5%
Sugars 56.7 g
Protein 98 g196.7%
Vitamin A 17% Vitamin C 376.1%
Calcium 44.7% Iron 58.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Fill the steamer with water, cover and let it heat.
2) Grease a cake pan.
3) In a pan over high heat, add the oil, shrimp and sausage. Stir to fry quickly.
4) Take the fried ingredients out of the pan and set aside.
5) Add more oil to the pan and add the ginger, sugar, salt, chicken powder and pepper. Stir well and then add the rice flour and cornstarch. Stir all the ingredients together.
6) Add the mushrooms to the mixture and shake the pan to coat them.
7) Add water, scallps and spring onion and reduce the fire to medium low. Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes.
8) Remove the mixture from the heat and let it dry till a paste like consistency has been achieved.
9) Season with the seasoning ingredients and mix well.
10) Pour the batter into the greased cake pan.
11) Put the pan in the steamer, over the now boiling water and steam for about 30 minutes.
12) Remove the cake from the steamer and move it to a serving plate. Top with some shredded turnip or chopped mushrooms, if preferred. Serve while still hot, with some sweet chili sauce.