- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Cucumber Submarines Recipe
|Boneless lean veal||1⁄2 Pound, chopped / ground (225 Gram)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Ham slices||2 , boiled, with a little fat, finely diced|
|Fresh button mushrooms||4 , finely diced|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Cucumbers||3 , peeled (Each 4 Inches)|
|Dry white wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1.85 Deciliter)|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 171 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.4%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.2 mg
Sodium 853.5 mg35.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.54 g2.2%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 11 g22%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 160° F (70° C).
2) Cut one end of each cucumber, scoop out the central seed core and keep the other end closed.
3) In a mixing bowl, thoroughly blend the veal, egg, ham, mushrooms, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1 tablespoon sherry, about 1 teaspoon salt, to taste.
4) Stuff the meat mixture into the cucumbers until tightly filled, then cover the open end with a small piece of foil.
5) In a 6-quart pressure cooker with the base rack, pour in the wine, place the cucumbers, standing on their uncut ends.
6) Place the lid, bring the pressure up to 15 pounds and cook the cucumbers for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and lower the pressure immediately.
7) Cut each cucumber into 1-inch lengths and place in the preheated oven to keep hot.
8) In a small bowl, mix the light soy sauce and 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
9) Remove the base rack from the bottom of the pressure cooker and stir the soy-cornstarch mixture into the hot wine, stir continuously and heat, until it thickens.
10) Drizzle the sauce over the cucumbers and serve immediately with small forks.