- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Crispy Roasted Pork Belly Recipe Video
|Pork belly||560 Gram (20 ounces)|
|Ginger||30 Gram (3 slices)|
|Green onion||1 Large (or 2 small)|
|Chinkiang vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Shaoxing wine||3 Tablespoon|
|Rock sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dark soy sauce||1 Teaspoon (Lee kum kee Premium,)|
|Chicken stock powder||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1356 Calories from Fat 654
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g111.5%
Saturated Fat 25.1 g125.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 358.3 mg
Sodium 4152.3 mg173%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 25.1 g
Protein 111 g222.8%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 17.2%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 28%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean and trim the pork belly. Pat dry.
2. Cut the pork belly into bite size cubes, about 1 1/2 inch.
3. Separate the white and green portion of the green onion. Smash the bulb part to release flavor and cut both green and white parts into 2 inch pieces.
4. Heat a large pan. Arrange the pork cubes in the pan. Sear the pork belly pieces until evenly browned and crispy and all the fat is rendered.
5. Add the ginger slices, white portion of onion. Saute with the pork. Use chopsticks to turn each piece of pork so that it cooks evenly.
6. Add the Chinkiang vinegar, shaoxing wine, rock sugar, soy sauces and chicken powder. Stir and fry the pork pieces until well browned.
7. Pour in the water. Bring to a boil. Then cover pan with lid and simmer pork until tender.
8. Uncover and cook until pork is crispy and the sauce reduces to a glaze.
8. Serve the Chinese Crispy Roasted Pork Belly over braised lettuce, garnished with green onion slices.
To braise lettuce, to boiling water add chicken stock powder and salt. Add lettuce to the stock. Add a little sesame oil and cook covered until tender.