- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Chicken Experiment No. 1 Recipe Video
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||3⁄4 Pound|
|Baking soda||1 Tablespoon|
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Black bean garlic sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 193 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.9%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.1 mg
Sodium 1658.2 mg69.1%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.39 g1.5%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 22 g43.1%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a chopping board, slice the chicken breast into fine pieces cut on the bias and set aside in the fridge.
2. In a wok, add water and baking soda and bring it to a boil.
3. Once the water starts boiling, put the chicken pieces and par boil the pieces for a few minutes. Once done, remove the pieces and drain well.
4. Take the wok, discard the water and set it again on high, add oil and coat the sides of the wok well.
5. Add in the par boiled chicken, sear the pieces for 2- 3 minutes until crispy. Stir well in the peanut oil.
6. Add in the black bean garlic sauce, mix until the pieces are coated well and stir for 2 minutes.
7. Stir in the chicken broth and mix well and let this cook for 2 minutes.
8. Serve the Chinese chicken over a plate of hot rice.
You can add sliced mushrooms and snow peas and fry in the chicken sauce for extra texture.