- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Chicken Burritos Recipe
|Asian sesame||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Bamboo shoots||8 Ounce, sliced (1 Can)|
|Watercress||2 Bunch (200 gm), rinsed|
|Chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Hoisin sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried red pepper||10 Gram|
|Cashews||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 304 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.1%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.8 mg
Sodium 452.9 mg18.9%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 16 g32.3%
Vitamin A 33.3% Vitamin C 30%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. In aluminum foil, wrap the tortillas and heat them.
3. In a large skillet heat the sesame and vegetable oils over medium-high heat and cook the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring continuously, until you get their aroma, 10 seconds.
4. Add the bamboo shoots, watercress, scallions and chicken and cook, stirring, until the watercress leaves just wilt, 1 or 2 minutes.
5. Mix in the vinegar, water and hoisin sauce well.
6. Then remove the skillet from the heat and season to taste with salt and red pepper flakes.
7. From the oven remove the tortillas, spread the chicken mixture over them and scatter some cashews, if using, on top.
8. To serve fold the tortillas or roll them up like burritos and accompany with soy sauce for dipping, if you wish.