- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Broccoli and Beef Salad Recipe
|Fresh broccoli||4 Pound|
|Peanut oil/Vegetable oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sweet red peppers||2 , cut in thin strips|
|Mushrooms||4 Cup (64 tbs), sliced|
|Fresh mushrooms||4 Cup (64 tbs), sliced|
|White vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Rare beef roast||2 Pound, cut into thin strips|
|Beef roast||2 Pound, cut into thin strips|
|Water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained and sliced (1 Can)|
|Bamboo shoots||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned bamboo shoots||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
Calories 671 Calories from Fat 312
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.3%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129.8 mg
Sodium 1456.6 mg60.7%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.4%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 62 g123.9%
Vitamin A 42.2% Vitamin C 522.9%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take broccoli and cut off the florets.
2) Save the soft parts of stalks for later use.
3) Slice stalks into 3/8-in.-thick pieces.
4) Take a wok or large skillet and heat oil in it.
5) SautÃ© stalks in it for about 1 minute.
6) Stir in florets and sautÃ© them for 3 minutes until crisp-tender.
7) To a large bowl, transfer broccoli.
8) SautÃ© red pepper strips for 1-2 minutes and mix with broccoli.
9) Fry the mushrooms, stirring well, until crisp-tender and mix with broccoli.
10) Mix together vinegar, soy sauce, salt and red pepper.
11) Spoon this dressing over broccoli mixture, tossing it well.
12) Mix in beef, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots, tossing well.
13) Chill the salad in refrigerator, covered, for 2-3 hours.
14) Serve cold.