- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Beef Saute Recipe
|White rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lean beef flank steak||1⁄4 Pound, well-trimmed, cut into thin strips|
|Green bell pepper||2 , cut into thin strips (1 Red And 1 Green)|
|Chopped scallions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Shredded chinese cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Water chestnuts||16 , thinly sliced|
|Reduced-sodium soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Japanese rice vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1511 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.1%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.6 mg
Sodium 2006.2 mg83.6%
Total Carbohydrates 258 g85.9%
Dietary Fiber 30.5 g121.9%
Sugars 36.3 g
Protein 61 g122.2%
Vitamin A 1188.5% Vitamin C 606.1%
Calcium 47.9% Iron 85.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Blanch the carrots in the boiling water 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender; drain, cool under cold running water and set aside to drain thoroughly.
3. When the rice is cooked, remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the beef and saute 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beef to a small bowl and set aside.
5. Add the bell peppers, scallions and garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add the carrots, cabbage, mushrooms and water chestnuts, increase the heat to high, and cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and red pepper flakes. Add this mixture, the rice and the beef to the skillet, and cook, stirring constantly, 4 to 5 minutes, or until all the ingredients are heated through.