- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Asparagus Shoots and Shiitake Mushroom Stir-Fry Recipe Video
|Asparagus||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Shiitake mushroom||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 121 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 613.5 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 3 g5.4%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 10.4%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a wok on medium high heat and add oil. Heat it to smoking hot.
2. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add the asparagus and continue to sauté till it gets tender Takes about 5- 10 minutes. Cover for a minutes and let it cook.
3. Remove the lid and stir again. Add the shitake mushrooms and continue to sauté till mushrooms are cooked. Add water and cook for a few more minutes.
4. Sprinkle chicken stock powder and stir to mix. Turn off the heat.
5. In a serving plate, serve the stir fried asparagus and shiitake mushrooms with steamed rice.