- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Apples Recipe
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Hot oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Very Fine Such As Walnut Or Peanut Oil)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 311 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 14.4 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 23.3 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take the apples and peel them before removing the cores and cutting them into equal wedges.
2. Take a bowl and beat the egg whites in it until it is properly blended.
3. Mix in the flour and cornstarch.
4. Take a pan and heat vegetable oil.
5. Fry the apple wedges in 2-3 inches of oil after dipping them in batter.
6. Drain out the excess oil by placing them on paper towels.
7. Heat ¼ cups of oil and add honey to it
8. Take an oven proof serving dish and pour the oil and honey in it.
9. Add the apples and sesame seeds.
10. Coat the apples with the honey-oil mixture and sesame seeds by turning them gently.
11. Keep it hot.
12. Serve along with a dish of ice cold water in which the apple wedges must be immersed before being eaten.
Ignoring to dip the apples in ice cold water may cause lip and tongue burns.