- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chimichurri Sauce With Seitan Recipe Video
|Parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Sweet paprika||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 683 Calories from Fat 522
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.4%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2592.3 mg108%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 2 g3.6%
Vitamin A 67.3% Vitamin C 79.4%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 32.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat your grill on medium high heat.
2. In a food processor, put parsley, cilantro, extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, red pepper, cumin, dried oregano, salt, garlic and blend it well.
3. Transfer the contents into a bowl and let it sit for 30 minutes.
4. Brush the skewered Seitan with vegetable oil ,sprinkle sweet paprika on it, put them on the grill and let it cook for 8 minutes.
5. Flip the Seitan over after 4 minutes, take them out once cooked and place them on a dish.
6. Dress the Seitan with the parsley and cilantro pesto and serve as an appetizer.