- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chimichurri Sauce Baked Tuna Steaks Recipe Video
|Parsley leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Juice of lemon||2|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chop|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tuna steak||2 (Ahi tuna)|
Calories 392 Calories from Fat 289
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 286.2 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 21 g41.5%
Vitamin A 62.8% Vitamin C 58%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedOven
1. Clean the parsley, and removed leaves from stems.
2. Chop garlic cloves and cut the lemons in half and discard the seeds, set aside.
3. In a food processor, blend parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic.
4. Transfer chimichurri sauce in a small bowl, season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
5. Refrigerate for 2 hours before cooking.
6. Preheat oven to bake at 350 degree.
7. Rinse tuna steaks and place in a Pyrex baking dish.
8. Pour 1/2 cup of chimichurri over tuna steaks.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
10. Serve the tuna steak along with little of the chimichurri Sauce.