- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chimichurri Fish Tacos Recipe Video
|Fresh parsley||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), stem removed (for chimichurri sauce)|
|Cilantro||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), stem removed (for chimichurri sauce)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) (for chimichurri sauce)|
|Red pepper flake||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for chimichurri sauce)|
|Sherry/Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon (for chimichurri sauce)|
|Fresh lime juice||1 Tablespoon (for chimichurri sauce)|
|Green onion||1 Medium, slice (for chimichurri sauce)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for chimichurri sauce)|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste for chimichurri sauce+ 1/2 teaspoon for fish)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste for chimichurri sauce+ 1/2 teaspoon for fish)|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Smoked paprika||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for frying)|
|Avocado||2 Medium, diced|
|Tomato||1 Medium, diced|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Lime||1 Medium, wedged|
Calories 777 Calories from Fat 568
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.6%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g45.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28 mg
Sodium 228.2 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g37.8%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 14 g28.2%
Vitamin A 33.6% Vitamin C 52.5%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 23.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For sauce, in blender add parsley, cilantro, garlic, red pepper flakes, sherry, lime juice, and green onion. Blend until smooth.
2. Drizzle olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Keep it aside.
3. In a bowl, combine flour, oregano, paprika, coriander, and turmeric. Mix well.
4. Cut fish into 2 inch pieces. Dredge them in flour mixture.
5. Place a frying pan on medium heat, pout ½ inch vegetable oil, and fry fish in it until they are golden brown. Do not overcrowd the pan, you can do it in batches.
6. On a paper towel, lay the fish. Season with salt and pepper.
7. In a dry pan, over medium heat warm tortilla on both sides. Place it on a serving platter.
8. Top tortilla with pieces of fish, sauce, avocado, tomato, lime juice, and sour cream.
9. Wrap and serve chimichuri fish taco with a glass of wine.