- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chilly Herbed Lobster Recipe
|Frozen rock lobster tails||24 Ounce (6 pieces, 4 ounce each)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Angostura bitters||2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated onion||2 Teaspoon|
|Pimentos||2 , diced|
|Snipped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2374 Calories from Fat 1642
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 182 g280.7%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g79.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 637.2 mg
Sodium 5187.9 mg216.2%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 147 g294.2%
Vitamin A 154.7% Vitamin C 256.3%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Drop lobster tails into large kettle of boiling salted water; when water reboils, cook lobster tails 6 minutes. Drain them at once; then place them in a colander and let cold water run over them a few minutes; drain again.
2. With kitchen scissors, cut along both sides of the thin membrane on the underside of each lobster tail; remove this membrane. Now, with fingers, gently pull lobster meat from shell, reserving lobster shells for later use.
3. Refrigerate lobster meat 30 minutes; then remove meat, cut it into cubes, and return it to refrigerator until needed.
4. In large bowl sprinkle gelatin on cold water; let soften 5 minutes, then add hot water and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add mayonnaise; beat very gently with hand beater until mixture is well blended.
5. Stir in lemon juice, bitters, salt, onion, pimentos, snipped parsley, and 1 tablespoon snipped dill; blend well.
6. Now lightly toss in chilled lobster meat; refrigerate 40 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Then fill reserved lobster shells with gelatin-lobster mixture, heaping it as needed. Cover shells and refrigerate at least 2 hours longer.