- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chilly Cucumber Soup Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Cucumbers||4 Large, peeled, seeded and finely chopped to make 3 1/2 cups|
|Finely chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped celery leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Golden onion soup mix||1 Ounce (1 Envelope, Lipton)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light cream/Half and half||1 Pint (2 Cups)|
Calories 499 Calories from Fat 383
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.1%
Saturated Fat 27.2 g136%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 149.3 mg
Sodium 624 mg26%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 38.2% Vitamin C 20.1%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, combine the soup mix with water and stir till blended. Keep aside.
2. In a heavy bottom sauce pan, melt butter over a medium flame.
3. Add flour to the butter and stir for 3 minutes until cooked.
4. Stir in the chopped cucumbers, parsley and celery. Reduce the heat and cook for 8 minutes till the cucumbers are tender.
5. Pour in the soup mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Take pan off the flame and allow the soup to cool slightly before pouring the contents of the sauce pan into a food processor and blending into a smooth puree.
7. Strain the puree into a bowl.
8. Stir the cream into the soup.
9. Refrigerate the soup until it is well chilled.
10. Ladle the chilled soup into cold soup plates and garnish with cucumber slices, parsley and sliced lemon.