- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chilli Con Carne Recipe Video
|Beef||300 Gram, lean minced|
|Red pepper||30 Gram|
|Red chilies||2 Medium|
|Tomatoes||200 Gram, canned chopped|
|Red kidney beans||100 Gram|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||125 Milliliter|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon (to shallow fry)|
|Sea salt/Pepper||2 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
|Coriander leaves||6 Small|
Calories 394 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.6%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.5 mg
Sodium 2416.2 mg100.7%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 23 g45.3%
Vitamin A 19.4% Vitamin C 55.9%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Make the beef stock.
2. Peel the onion and cut into small dice.
3. Cut the pepper into half, remove the seeds and cut into small dice.
4. Cut the red chilies in half lengthways, remove the seeds and cut into fine dice.
5. Peel and crush the garlic clove.
6. Open the can of kidney beans.
7. Drain into a strainer and rinse well under cold running water allowing it to drain.
8. Open the can of chopped tomatoes and pour into a clean bowl.
9. Make the avocado salsa, cover and keep in the fridge until required.
10. Weigh and measure all ingredients.
11. Into a saucepan pour the stock and bring to a gentle simmer on the hob.
12. In a heavy-based saucepan heat a little oil over a medium heat, add the crushed garlic clove and diced onions and sweat for a few minutes until the onion is soft.
13. Add the lean minced beef and continue to cook until the beef begins to color, stirring from time to time.
14. Next, add the diced pepper and chilies and continue to cook for a further few minutes.
15. Remove from the heat and stir in the tomato purée.
16. Mix well and return the pan to the heat.
17. Add the chopped tomatoes and sugar and mix well.
18. Slowly add the stock until you have a nice smooth consistency and season to taste.
19. Turn the heat down to a simmer, place on a lid and simmer for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally and skimming if necessary.
20. Stir in the kidney beans, replace the lid and simmer the chili con carne for a further 45 minutes.
21. Before serving the chili con carne, check the consistency and seasoning.
22. Ladle the chili con carne into warmed bowls and spoon over some soured cream and garnish with a few coriander leaves.
23. Serve with accompaniments such as plain boiled rice, jalapeno peppers, tortilla crisps, avocado salsa or soured cream.