- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chilled Yellow Squash And Pepper Soup Recipe
|Sweet yellow peppers||2 Large, coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Tomato paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Yellow squash||1 Pound, sliced|
|1% low fat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped chives/Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 54 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.65 g1%
Saturated Fat 0.26 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.9 mg
Sodium 536.2 mg22.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 3 g5.7%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 146.3%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a 4-quart saucepan and mix together garlic, tomato paste and yellow peppers.
2. Add the stock, cover partially and simmer for 8 minutes or until pepper is soft.
3. Add squash and simmering again for 10 to 15 minutes or until the ingredient is tender.
4. Remove the saucepan from the heat and strain in a bowl.
5. Use a blender to prepare smooth vegetables puree.
6. Add the vegetable puree in the stock and let to cool.
7. Stir in chives, milk, pepper and salt.
8. Chill soup before serving.