- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chilled Orange Cheesecake Recipe
|Digestive biscuits||175 Gram|
|Demerara sugar||25 Gram|
|Gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Fresh orange juice||150 Milliliter|
|Curd cheese||225 Gram|
|Cream cheese||225 Gram|
|Caster sugar||100 Gram|
|Grated orange rind||15 Milliliter|
|Dried egg white||15 Milliliter|
|Fresh orange slices||4 (For Decoration, Or Jelly)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3071 Calories from Fat 1633
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 181 g278.3%
Saturated Fat 103.4 g517.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 426.4 mg
Sodium 2135.9 mg89%
Total Carbohydrates 309 g103.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.3%
Sugars 200.7 g
Protein 56 g112.4%
Vitamin A 98.7% Vitamin C 71.5%
Calcium 41.5% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sprinkle the gelatine over the orange juice in a bowl. Place over a saucepan of boiling water and stir occasionally until the gelatine has dissolved. (Alternatively place the bowl in a microwave oven on DEFROST setting until the gelatine has dissolved.) Leave to cool.
3. Cream the curd cheese, cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Stir in the orange rind.
4. Mix the dried egg white and half the water until smooth, then gradually blend in the remaining water. Whisk until stiff.
5. Stir the cooled gelatine mixture into the cheeses, then lightly fold in the whisked egg white. Turn into the tin, level the top and chill until firm.
6. To serve, loosen the cheesecake from the sides of the tin with a knife, then push up the base and place the cheesecake on a dish. Decorate with fresh or jelly orange slices