- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chilled Orange and Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
|Orange||1 (rinded and finely grated)|
|Lemon||1 (rinded and finely grated)|
|Orange juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Cottage cheese||3⁄4 Pound (sieved)|
|Soured cream||1⁄4 Pint|
|Digestive biscuits||8 (crushed)|
|Demerara sugar||1 Ounce|
|Butter||2 Ounce (melted)|
|Whipped cream||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Chopped nuts||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2726 Calories from Fat 1239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 136 g209.8%
Saturated Fat 70.4 g352.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 631.4 mg
Sodium 2290.3 mg95.4%
Total Carbohydrates 299 g99.8%
Dietary Fiber 12.8 g51.3%
Sugars 219.8 g
Protein 89 g178.4%
Vitamin A 65.3% Vitamin C 267.5%
Calcium 68.2% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Filling : in a heatproof bowl, beat the egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar, until thoroughly mixed.
2) Stir in the orange and lemon rinds with the juices.
3) Place the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, stir and cook, until the mixture is slightly thickened.
4) In another heatproof bowl, soften the gelatine in water, then stir over a pan of hot water over a low heat, until the gelatine is dissolved.
5) Stir into the egg yolk mixture and allow to slightly cool.
6) Then fold in the cottage cheese and soured cream.
7) In a bowl, stiffly beat the egg whites, fold in rest of the sugar, then stir into the cheese mixture.
8) In a 8 inch cake tin, turn the mixtute and refrigerate until set.
9) Crust: In a bowl, add all the crust ingredients together and mix thoroughly.
10) Sprinkle over the cheesecake, press down lightly and refrigerate, until the crust is firm.
11) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. Freeze, then remove the tin, wrap the cheesecake in a freezer bag, seal, label and freeze.
12) Garnish the Chilled Orange and Lemon Cheesecake with orange slices, cream and nuts, serve on a serving platter.
13) If using the frozen dish, unwrap, place the cheesecake on a platter with crust side down, then thaw in the refrigerator overnight and serve as indicated in step 12.