- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chilled Mulligatawny Soup Recipe
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Canned mango nectar/1 tablespoon syrup drained from mango chutney||2 Tablespoon|
|Cauliflower florets||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 238 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 736 mg30.7%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 10 g19.7%
Vitamin A 59.3% Vitamin C 26.6%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel onion and finely chop.
2) Scrape carrot and finely chop.
3) In a large pan melt butter over moderate heat. Cook onion and carrot till onion is transparent.
4) Sift flour and curry powder together. Add to the vegetables. Cook on moderate heat till mixture turns deep brown.
5) Add stock and boil the soup. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Keep aside.
6) Force soup through coarse sieve. Alternately whirl in a blender for 1-2 minutes.
7) Add mango nectar or syrup to it.
8) Chill for at least 1 1/2 hours.
9) Discard fat from the surface of the soup before serving.
10) Place in bowls and garnish with tiny florets of raw cauliflower.